Sunday, January 13, 2008

Monumental Year. Like....3-0...monumental.

Yeah yeah, I'm back on the world wide web. It's become one of my New Year's resolutions to somewhat document my-so-called-life, for several reasons:
  1. It was either this or join Facebook. I'll pass on the latter.
  2. I miss having an outlet to do creative writing, so I'll try to do so at least once a week.
  3. Writing on this thing gives me a form of release or expression or whatever.
  4. I have a pretty terrible memory when it comes to stuff that I should remember, but my memory is uncanny when it comes to the mundane details. So here's an attempt to capture the important stuff...
  5. It appears 2008 will be one of the best years of my life!
I'll be turning 30 in *crap* 8 days. Where the heck did my 20s go? I swear I remember turning 20...and 25...but the last 5 years were a fricking blur. Sometimes I think that I'm in too much of a rush to grow up, that I think that one day I'll regret that I've missed out on some of the things on my "To Do Before I Turn 30" list. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely looking forward to starting my new life with Maia, but the other day I was talking to my sister Mel about it and I told her that all the jokes that I make about turning 30 was just a way for me to hide the fact that I'm quasi-depressed that I'm leaving my 20s behind and that I'm becoming "old".

After I said that, Mel was like, "Oh my God, are you crying?" and sure enough, I was wiping away some watery substance from the side of my eyes. I was like "No, I'm tearing, guys don't cry." hahaha man that was so embarassing, but hey, I guess I gotta face reality. And some of my co-workers were all like, "Wow, you look so young" (too bad I wear a surgical cap at work, otherwise, they'd see how old I really look) or "Don't worry, the 30s is the new 20s" blah blah blah but man, seriously...as positive as I try to be about everything, this is definitely a difficult pill to swallow.

One thing's for sure: As much as I think I'm in control, God is definitely at the helm, not me. And I say this because looking back 2, 3 or even 5 years ago, I never would have assumed that I'd be where I am today. The best laid plans never really pan out, no matter how much effort you try to make things come to fruition.

Man, writing in this thing really is cathartic. I'm feeling better already.

Til next time, I'll try to come up with more interesting things to talk about...until then, Happy New Year and here's to 2008, the best year yet!

3 comments:

LoveLola said...

happy near year indeed! welcome to blogspot! xo, love.lola

Unknown said...

you are such a homo-gay.
i cant believe you were crying.

Unknown said...

i agree with jun. your eyes just started...glistening.