Monday, March 17, 2014

Prayers for Lola and all mothers out there

From today's Gospel:

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

“Stop judging and you will not be judged.
Stop condemning and you will not be condemned.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and gifts will be given to you;
a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing,
will be poured into your lap.
For the measure with which you measure
will in return be measured out to you.”

Lord God, I ask for Your healing mercies upon my grandmother, my Lola Nelly, who will be undergoing surgery at Hackensack hospital today. May Your healing hands come down upon all those who are caring for her today. May You allay her fears with Your most gentle hand, may Your quell her fears with Your love and presence. Send down Your Holy Spirit and fill her with peace and tranquility.  Lord God, I thank You for giving me another grandmother, whom I have grown to love and admire more and more each day. Thank You Jesus, for my own mother, for her perseverance & patience in caring for my Lola during her old age. Thank You Jesus, for my wife and mother to our son, Cory Benjamin and the child who is growing inside her.

Lord, thank You for this time to reflect on Your word. May I measure those who I come into contact with today with love, kindness and compassion, so that in return, I will be measured with the same. 

Amen.

No comments: